Friday, 20 September 2013

Settling In

September

Its my birthday month, so naturally I am biased, but it's a lovely month, isn't?
Settling in...

We are not so different, not so removed.  Who does not feel the draw of the natural?  Hibernation?  Not such a bad idea...
Untitled
My fingers twitch, the wool shop sings siren songs of soft yarn in autumn tones.
Untitled
Untitled
Tea seems the very best of drinks and in all this world there is nothing - nothing - as soothing as a dunked KitKat.  You know it too, I feel certain.
Untitled
Dew drops sit on webby strands, spun between the now muted but still fragrant spikes of lavender and there are whispers amongst the scampering creatures that berries are quite the thing right now.

And so let's take it slow, hey?  Feel that perhaps it is simply the way of things.  Finish up summer projects, tidy up the garden, trim back the lavender and begin to dream of candle light and quiet times.
Untitled
x

2 comments:

Toffeeapple said...

You dunk Kitkats? Well, I never!

Great pictures, very evocative of the season.

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Love this.
Made my want to coorie in.
I love the'ber' months. The leaves becoming more and more golden. Hot puddings. Thoughts of Christmas. Getting cool enough for lots of tea. I am a digestive dunker. My all time fave biscuit. Enhanced only by Philly or Nutella.
Sigh.
Love you. X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...