Thursday, 15 November 2012

Pencil, Pen and Paper

Now as esthetically pleasing as the pencil is, atopped with the definitive pink eraser - and I place much faith and import on esthetics,  I do - it is with the gel pen that my affections lie.
Untitled
Unsophisticated as it sounds, when placed in direct comparison with the historically elegant lines of it's cousin; the fountain pen, there is reason in my madness/ lack of taste.  The gel pen is your friend. 
Untitled
Fountain pen is a haughty entity, needing months of getting-to-know-yous, bonding and moulding to truly become your pal. And even then, after years of frienship, is it a bond that can be counted on?  One built on utter trust?  Not wishing to air my dirty *stationary* laundry, but there are painful memories of leaks, exploded catridges and angry blots in our past.  They have been forgiven.  But forgotten...?
Untitled
However with gel pen there is no scratchy, blunt, splotchy, pressing, pushing issues in our relationship.  With a free, easycome, easygo, roll-with-it sort of attitude, that makes me feel all woolly and at ease.  We click.  I just know, in its company, the writing between us will be effortless and free flowing.  The best coffee shop companion.  This a buddy worth their £5.99 price tag.

And so although its all still fresh and new, I am happy.  Its feels bold, confident; a match made in literary heaven.  I have no trouble interpretating it's message...

Oh pencil if only your whispered platitudes had been clearer.

x

7 comments:

Toffeeapple said...

I used to use a fountain pen for everything, it was a sort of status symbol in my school and afterward but I, too, have fallen in love with gel pens and have them in many shades of gel, such fun to write with.

I was looking for an email address for you but can't see one on the blog, or am I looking in the wrong place?


menopausalmusing said...

Like you, I love the thought and look of a fountain pen, but it's the mess that comes with them (well, it comes with them when they are in MY hands!). I have a friend who writes in turquoise ink using a fountain pen and I so envy her her neat script. Lovely to see a post from you Mrs B......

muhamad fawad said...

Wonderful post.I love gel pen.Thank you for nice post.
http://superioreducationz.com
Education Information

Alicia Conway said...

With such a pen hand-writing is always rather sophisticated!
I've followed yu with GFC, and I'd love it if you follow me back!=)

freelancemommyblog

mahadi hasan said...

To fill this magic visit
Hsitory of ancient Bangle

Plain Jane said...

Couldn't agree more - although you can't beat your sharp black and yellow eraser topped HB ...!

Peas & Carrots said...

Hello! I hope you don't mind but I have just nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award... see my blog post for details .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...