Thursday, 31 May 2012

Jubilicious!

Rather typically of me, I have been casting a somewhat disdainful eye at shelves of bunting, flags and BritKats for months and then the evening before my little man's Jubilee celebrations at school I have leapt in, both feet, all excited to find I'm unfashionably and unhelpfully late for the Party!

Not a cupcake topper to be found in a ten mile radius! Especially a union jack emblazoned number!

There was no way out!

A small wishful heart was set on his foodie gift to the class being magnificent in its patriotic glory, so to work I went with what I could beg borrow and (not) steal from the local supermarkets! Ready to roll icing at the ready, white icing pen ready, patience, nerves of steel and tired eyes ready!

Midnight:

Batch of Vanilla, Strawberry Jam centred cupcakes flying the flag proudly!

And the "wow Mummy!" made it so utterly worth it! Silly woman!

X

5 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Brilliant! Well done you. I know that feeling of leaving everything sure that there will loads left being sold off....not!, Glad your little one had something to be proud of.

Ellouise88 said...

They are lovely! It's amazing how you can pull a miracle out the bag when you need to!

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Better than anything that could be found in a shop!

*whispers* I'm Scottish and cannae embrace a union jack, shush, don't tell anyone. X

Menopausalmusing said...

He will be bursting with pride at what his mum has made! :O))))))))

peas and carrots said...

Your iced union jacks beat any shop bought cake toppers. I bet the teachers were very impressed with your efforts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...