Thursday, 20 October 2011

Happy Little Cliches?

This has been the view from my little desk, for pretty much ten days.  It has steadily got colder and colder.  The rain progressively sleety.  Gazing at the raindrops chasing each other down trickly paths on the window, I pause.  Watching, listening and feeling warm.  I thank these lucky stars, suspended over the picture of grey gloom.  I am warm and home.
Raindrops
Being an utter reptile, even if something looks cold, I feel cold.  Seemingly I am incapable of warming my own bones.  I need light and warmth.  Like some hot house lizard.   So, although, it has become a little "Nigella", I love sweet, glowy fairy lights.  Its a cliche, because it is so "true"!  
Soft Lights
Tea, toast and strawberry jam.  A cliche?  Because its so "true"!
Tea, Toast and Strawberry Jam
Perfect item in the charity shop.  Meant to be.  Cliche?  Because its so "true".
Punkin' cups
What crazy perfect cups for Autumn, Squashy, Halloween-y times!  My little folk were as enamoured as me with my wee surprise gift to them! I adore their early appreciation of kitsch!
Lovely Baby Hands
Look at her gorgeous, chubby little girl hands.  I am secretly gleeful when she lets me hold her hand. 
My Little Man
And my man-child...*smiles*

Home-y home pleasures.  Cliche?  Because its so "true"

x

11 comments:

Toffeeapple said...

You've had ten days of rain? Poor thing, we had some yesterday but not enough and back to sun today.

elaine rickett said...

What awful weather you seem to be having I'm afraid we are still full of sunshine in Leicestershire.

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Indeed because they are true!

I'm saying to you because I know you understand; up to my eyes in birthdays and baking and making it special. I'm knackered!! xx

VintageVicki said...

I too am a lizard - despite wearing more clothes than stocked by your average shop I am still cold. Time for another hot drink me thinks - wish it could be out of one of those fab mugs :)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

You should read your archives lady, they're warming.
I'm so glad you bought those wee cups, true and true perfection.

meplusmolly said...

Yes it has been getting steadily chillier here = cold toes and fingers! loving the pumpkin cups, fab finds! x

Homebird said...

I am so with you on the fairy lights, they are what makes a home. I have them out all year but in the darker months they are especially pleasing.

I love those mugs, they are brilliant. I would have snapped them up too.

Sam x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I'm very fond of fairy lights, and those mugs are genius - where did you find them?

peas and carrots said...

Hot buttery crumpets here.
How are your socks coming on ?

Mrs B said...

hello ladies! Thank you for your lovely comments as always x

P&C...one pair done and one sock of another! Really easy pattern once you get going! need to by a new ball of wool tomorrow!

x

iffatali said...

Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
Flights to Windhoek
Cheap Flights to Windhoek
Cheap Air Tickets to Windhoek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...