Tuesday, 4 October 2011

The Marmalade Pot

Confession, Dear Friend, I adore anything with a lid...

Who knows where this odd compulsion sprang from.  I can half imagine, dreamily see, tiny me on tippytoes peeping over the top of the kitchen table; into the dark green cool air of the pantry; over the glassily curvaceous top of a pink, curtained dressing table.

The impish desire to prise the lid off ever so carefully and peek in.  To be drawn in, wooed by scents and promises of the delicious.  The pull of the unknown, the hidden.  Its the curiosity that got the poor, unfortunate feline!

So this is predictably, but utterly and enjoyably marmalade in an orange marmalade pot.  But oh, it has a lid.  It makes me happy.
Marmalade Thoughts
A familiar ritual, Friend.  Tea and Toast.  Marmalade and Mornings.  

7 comments:

Miss Holly said...

May I just climb in and join you ??? What a lovely way to start....or finish a day!!

♥coco rose♥ said...

Oh......and what a fantastically gorgeous marmalade pot it is! xxxxxxxx

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

*a stoater of a sigh* x

Menopausalmusing said...

Laughing my head off at Ali's comment. Love your pot, its a beauty.

peas and carrots said...

Thick door stops dripping in real butter and a thick layer of marmalade reminds me of my early student days when my husband and I first got together. He would make me this for breakfast when i stayed over at his student house - the good old days when i could eat what I wanted!!

Homebird said...

So much nicer than in a jar. I have a lovely honey pot with one of those drizzly spoons although I never use it.

KatGotTheCream said...

I adore that marmalade pot! I also need a honey one, you know just in case you have a spare lurking somewhere.

Lovely post as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...