Monday, 12 September 2011

Brambly Hedge

I have been meandering (lonely as a cloud...well lonely as a Mummy with both babies newly in school.  Oh hum.)  The wind doing his very best to knock me off my feet.  My soul is blown cobweb clear.
Autumn Colours
What a treasure trove!  And I am a city girl.  The colours, textures, variety make me long to be a painter. I can understand in this moment the urge to pick up a paint brush.  Is it my human response, attempts to be involved with natures genius.  Like a much admired creative friend, I want to play along side.
Still Life
I used to have pockets full of conkers when I was at school.  Not for an impromptu game!  I did and still do pick them up and relish their jewel like gloss.  Nutbrown smoothness.  A transient treasure.  Soon they dry out and dull.
Conker Season
Are all treasures such?  Here for a time, but ultimately impossible to retain, despite locks, keys and treasure chests?  Only perhaps love?
Meadow Wilds
How many of you proffered these, wrapped in brown paper and string would be swept up.  Your heart stolen.  So much better then a dozen red hot house roses?
Home Sweet Home
I am home and happy.

x

7 comments:

peas and carrots said...

Glad to see you made it home and didn't get blown away. My daughter and I have spent the morning in the park kicking leaves and collecting conkers- love this time of the year.

Pomona said...

Mutability is the tragedy of human existence . . .

Pomona x

Toffeeapple said...

You can 'paint' with flowers, you have the knack.

Saphy said...

mmmm, just lovely. great photo's. enjoy the quiet with the little ones at school.

Menopausalmusing said...

You captured the windiest of days beautifully with words, Mrs B.......

Pink of Perfection said...

Oh my, these photos are heavenly are your words are so, so calming to me. I feel like you just made me take my first big breath of the day! Thank you!

Mrs B said...

Sarah, you are just so very welcome! Your blog is such a constant source of inspiration to me! I think I understand your feelings of change....x it all comes good and a little clearer I think as time wanders its own path! (maybe thats the 33rd birthday - tomorrow- talking ;-))

xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...