Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Summer Kitchen

The colours, the scents, the possibility!

I love the kitchen in all seasons, but really summer beats them all.  Even, dare I say it, better than the  Christmas kitchen...no I take it back!!  But certainly as good!  And that is saying something!

Fat ripe June strawberries.  So worth the wait!
Tomatoes tasting like tomatoes!  
A dish in themselves with a hunk of ciabbatta and olives, with a fresh basil, from the kitchen garden.
Watermelon, watermelon...I can't help but wax lyrical about it.  Its aqua scent is so refreshing, summery and light. 
I love it for breakfast, for lunch with halloumi cheese, as a light dessert.  Watermelon granita!
In the garden promises of fresh peas and garden mint, 
jam jars of roses by the sink
and dreams of honey and pinenut homemade ice cream!
Blissful, buzzy summer...

So if your looking for me, you now know where I am!

x

PS the smallest B as yet is unaffected by the pox?!  should I be breathing a sigh of relief or preparing for the outburst in the next 24 hours?

3 comments:

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

*sigh* summer....it's definitely not arrived in Scotland. We've had one glorious sunny day (last week) since the beginning of May. Luckily food can make my kitchen summery, I am grateful for that.
If I remember rightly there was two weeks between my Biscuits respective signs of the pox. A whole month of quarantine...hell!
Hope you are all holding up!
xx

Toffeeapple said...

Your kitchen looks beautifully summery. I've been eating Cantaloupe melons with Parma ham for lunch, it is delicious.

LissyLou said...

ooo i love a ciabatta!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...