Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Flow

Go with the flow...

Should be easy right?

But we all know its not.  We all spend an inordinate amount of time worrying, feeling anxious for no immediately apparent reason.  It can feel like a pervading fog.

My cure for this (and I am not winning any prices for originality here) is to get outside.  This could be a walk to the shops, my morning run or (and this is where I am at) gardening.
Flow
I am not entirely sure when this happened to me, or why.  I am a late convert to the garden.  But I am fast becoming an evangelical one.
Woollie socks and wellies...
I wake up thinking about it, I find jobs to do in it everyday,
I wander about it after I have put the small folk to bed.
I watch over my lavender with a mother's eye.  I am so proud and hopeful for its progress.

I could spend the whole day, from sun up to sun down and not even notice.  I am fully in the flow, unaware of the passing hours.  Its not until my tummy rumbles do I stop and stretch and think perhaps it would be a good idea to eat.
Tea Break
And when I cannot be planting roses, I am sewing them.

8 comments:

Mummy Boo Bear said...

With you on the gardening front. Have finally got my act together this year after many years not bothering and before that lightly dabbling. No clue what I am doing but just love the way things change daily and take shape.

Mind that said havent been out there today been busy baking the most flatest victoria sponge cake in the world. Never mind there is always the fairy cakes.

Love the sewing roses that looks too yummy!


MBB x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I'm so we're losing our garden.

Loving the look of the sewing project.

nicsnotebook.com said...

I'm not really into gardening but my OH is - maybe I'll grow into it?! I do like getting outdoors tho for walks with the dogs, it always helps my mood x

a mermaids purse said...

lovely post- your photography is magical...theres nothing quite like being in the garden x

Pink Milk said...

Oh, I so agree. The garden has quite enchanted me this year - who knew?!

Thanks for your lovely comment x

Hx

peas and carrots said...

Nothing beats being in the garden pottering or just sitting and admiring all your hard work.

noeleen said...

It's strange how gardening creeps up on you, isn't it? I would never have thought i'd spend precious time there but before you know it, fork in hand, an hour has passed, and you're feeling self satisfied at the amount of weeds you've removed from between your little plant babies!

Toffeeapple said...

Yes, being outside, for me at least, is good for what ails me. My garden is being reclaimed from Mother Nature at the moment so very soon I shall be able to potter and poke and scrabble and pick. I'm looking forward most to the picking. Stay well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...