Tuesday, 19 April 2011

You Are My Sunshine

Spring sunshine x

The house is bathed in liquid gold this morning.  Its a joy to sit here, with my cup of tea, watching it make its progress through each room.  Everything looks softer, prettier, gentle.  The small folk are playing in patches of it, surrounding themselves, with a halo.  It makes me smile, to myself.

I read recently that there is concern that we in Britain and particularly in Scotland are not getting our full quota of vitamin D.  The months between November and April being the worst.  We love to talk about the weather and it would seem for good reason.  It affects our health as much as our well-being!

It has long become a habit for me to sit on my front door step, in the morning.  Even if just for the time it takes to breath, slowly in and out.  Even better if I can sit there, for a while with my cuppa.  I know it makes me feel calm, more in tune with day, grounded and prepared for the world's happenings.

I hope you have a moment to pause, close your eyes and soak up a little of this health giving sparkle x

14 comments:

nicsnotebook.com said...

What a lovely post - I love the sunshine too :)

Menopausal musing said...

My mum used to sit on the back doorstep and absorb the sun at the end of her working day........ you reminded me of this....

Mrs B said...

x how lovely, cathy x

I feel I know how she was feeling...in a good way ;-)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Noice. Even I'm sitting on the door step of the morning soaking in the Vit D. *shock horror* My body must crave it.

Clare said...

Lovely pics - the past couple of mornings I have enjoyed my morning cuppa and toast out in the garden listening to the birds too.
Clare
x

mythreetrees said...

You are so right! I got up early today, to open my kiln and saw 2 birds flying overhead so happily! The fresh air and sunlight was a joy to behold and I felt like a new person.

Saphy said...

I love how the sun is different in every room of our house. The best light in the early morning is in the bathroom and sitting room the sun then goes over the house and the hall and dining room get the afternoon sun. My highlight is hanging out the washing on the line in the morning. it sets me up for the whole day.

Vixbil said...

There is something so wonderful and calming about sunshine!!
xx

CATHERINE DANIEL said...

I try to wander round the garden with my morning cuppa on days like this, so I know what you mean. Lovely words and pictures.

Mollimoo said...

You just can't beat the sun on your face! We have spent yesterday picnicing by a waterfall & the day before on the beach & off to the beach again today. These moments are so precious! Have a lovely day x

Sally said...

Hi
Just wanted to say congratulations and let you know that your blog has been nominated in the MAD Blog Awards for UK parent blogs.
If you’d like to find out more about the awards and the prizes on offer, then head over to www.the-mads.com.
We will be publishing details of all the nominees in all the categories on Monday morning, and nominations are open until 5pm that day – so if you’d like to take part, make sure you encourage all your friends, family and readers to keep nominating!
Best of luck and well done on your nomination.
Sally
The MAD Blog Awards

LissyLou said...

gorgeous post Mrs B xx

trashsparkle said...

Hi - discovered your blog via Mrs Thrifty. I've been dipping into your old posts all weekend - just like a good book ya can't put down! And, after seeing your yummy kitchen, I soooo want to put my shelves back up (after a refurb) so I can get my vintage luvlies unpacked and back up there!

fee @ chipper nelly said...

beautiful photos...
I'm new to your blog - but will be back for a nice long read with cup of tea in hand!
fee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...