Thursday, 7 April 2011

I Should...

But
I'd rather...

Continuing my Amish theme!



I whole heartedly agree with Jane Brocket's statement that there is a world of difference between being domestic and domesticated!  I am utterly domestic, a happy homebody and quietly houseproud.  But it is the day in day out drudgery of household chores, that makes my soul sigh most mornings, when all but Miss B and I have departed.  Endless hoovering, washing, dish cleaning,  window wiping of grubby handprints, not to mention the endless rounds of picking up....toys, socks, towels, food stuffs, shoes, bike gear, reading books, lego!

So I take a deep breath....

And make chocolate cake instead!

x

7 comments:

Saphy said...

lovely, Today I have been taking long gaps between chores.....

Sue said...

How very sensible. I may well do the same thing.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I suggest setting the small lady to cleaning whilst you get on with the nicer elements.
Attaching a duster to her feet and setting her off is an option? As is ignoring any mess and baking memories instead.

Menopausal musing said...

I bought that quilting book this week! Bake to your heart's content....

Devonia said...

love that your hoover is named henry! bah to chores i say! xx

Bobo Bun said...

I was tempted by the hoover and then I found it was broken anyway. I mended it later once the hoovering urge had gone away. Baking was a much better idea.

Gillian and Kirsty said...

Hello! Long time since I've dropped by here properly. It looks so good, loving the beautiful blog look, fab, fab, fab! And your photos are great, love them! Any advice on cameras? I'm starting to shop around for a new one, a present to ones self! Hope all good with you and chocolate cake for me too please x Kirsty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...