Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Green and Pleasant Land

"Oh, to be in England now that April's there." Robert Browning

The glorious sunshine has caused an almost riotous outburst of fresh leaves in newly hatched catepillar green, early flowering of wisteria, lilac and drifts of cherry blossom petals that the small folk have delighted in as 'pink snow'.  The breeze has become gentle, warm and calming.  The year is softening into early summer in a wholly sweet way.

I feel a little sun-kissed and indeed, freckles have made an un-seasonally early appearance upon my nose.

Good weather suits England.  She seems so much more amicable, characterful and her beauty becomes apparent in the brighter light, her new outfit of blossoms and green look perfect despite her age!

I know, I know that it seems I have come over all Constable and 'Blakian' in my rapture for this bout of beautiful weather, but really it is a little easier to feel a little swell of pride and enjoyment to be living here.  In this 'green and pleasant Land'....and I live in the 'Industrial North'!

Our Spring is indeed quite a unique, idiosyncratic happening.  It is a force to be reckoned with, from both the Mother Nature perspective and our reactions to it.  The changeful winds, the greeness of our green, the joyous bursts of bulb flowers and blossom, farm land positively hopping with new life.  Out of our homes we all rush, garden furniture soaped down, beer gardens packed to seal colony proportions, the scent of our newly mown lawns and the hastily purchased BBQ, because you never know....'this could be summer!'

I love it! How fun...how funny!

We have another long weekend ahead of us and regardless of your opinion of the up and coming event, it is a piece of this Nation's history and in my opinion the chance to revel in a little Britishness!

Let's relish the chance to hang out bunting, to eat scones, drink tea in the garden and celebrate with a glass of English fizz, which they say rivals Champagne!

My Royal Wedding Shopping List
My creation

4 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Eeeeeeeep! I'm so, so excited. I'm already planning which cakes to put in my royal wedding biscuit tin. Yeah baby!

Blog more lady, you're fab at it.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

That wasn't an order by the way. I just love dipping into MrsB-land.

PaperFish! said...

oh, hi there. I just wanted to tell you what a fan i am of your blog. You always wear such nice clothes n that. Obviously i know you use a body double in your shots but i think your life looks nice and we could be friends?

Mrs B said...

Yahaaaaaa I do indeed use a body double and to be honest I prefer not to befriend fish....mainly because I am a hermit who dwells in a cave....just outside snettisham. Sorry for the disappointment....I understand I am exciting!

Mrs B Esq

Nb *very Tongue in Cheek status*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...