Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Hello...

Any scandal...?
tea and talk
This was an oft asked question in our house when I was little.  It still makes me smile as I type it!  It is a blatant request for gossip!  Isn't it a sin?  

Is it just Skye women who demand this of folk, as they stroll through their door?  Is it wicked?  

It is delivered, of course, with a knowing grin and a glint of laughter.  

Don't you just love a tall tale, a story, a yarn or two?  

To sit with a cup of tea, something to nibble and a good talker!  
Someone who doesn't mind being talked over a little and will be courteous enough to do the same to you....and not apologise for it!  Someone who doesn't think you are trying to one up them with the next tale, but is simply marvelled and wide eyed until their next tale pops into their heads.  Someone who even if nothing has occurred all week, will have read, seen or heard something wild and wonderful.  Someone who will hug you till next time, and flash you back a little guilty look of pleasure at what has been abound across your kitchen table.....gossip!

I'll pop the kettle on!




x

10 comments:

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Gosh, without sounding creepy but can I gossip with you? Lol.

I am always telling myself off for talking over friends. Its not that I am not interested in what they have to say. quite the opposite. I just get so involved in the wonder of conversation. And just like you said. Little snippets of things I have read or heard may just pop up in my mind.

And yes I certainly can waffle on about nothing! lol.

As you can probably tell.

Well if you have the kettle on I will bring cake. And stories lots of 'em. And of course i will wish you a very Happy New Year too.


MBB x

PaperFish! said...

MBB - This Mrs and I have a wicked ability to carry on multi-threads of conversation over days! The Menfolk would roll their eyes as i answered MrsB something from a conversation 2 days ago, never needing a reminder of what that conversation was. I swear my lovely B there are few who can truly appreciate a good scandal....

Mrs B said...

gahhhahahahahaaaaaaaaa! Laydees! Tis indeed a rare and wonderful thing a good partner in scandal!

xx

Fish....counting the days!

MBB - why can't you live round the corner?

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Haha! I just text you an offer of this kind of scandal and tea and then I log into the interwebs to see this.

In Ireland we cried 'What do you know? What's the scandal?' whenever someone crossed our threshold.
I love to have splodges of conversation dropping on to the next, taking one topic to the next and staight back again, without a blink of the eye.

Mrs B said...

yipeeeeeee thrifty! Shall I drive to thrifty towers?? x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Yes do come, drive, drive, drive. Let me know what day works best and will sort something out.

Mrs B said...

Wednesday? x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Wednesday tomorrow or Wednesday next? I'm working tomorrow but free the next Wed.

Mrs B said...

thursday this week?

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Yes that's good for me. I shall set about baking up a storm (for storm read drizzle).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...