Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Flopsy, Mopsy and CottonTail...

"...who were good little rabbits went down the lane to pick Blackberries."
Blackberry picking is such a joyful thing to do.  The sun was briefly shining, the lane was quiet, just the occasional dog walker or cyclist.  Just me the 'little rabbits'.  Time to chat, time to think, all the time trying to spy the fattest berry and avoid these bad boys....
Oh Lordy, my arms still tingle this morning! Note to self...Mac and Wellies next time!  The biggest, juiciest berry is almost without fail behind an impenetrable wall of nettles.
We returned home with quite a harvest...
Enough to make two batches of jam, one for the pantry, one to give to lovely folk to enjoy on their morning toast, until the first whispers of Autumn approach.
Recipe: Delia Smith's Quick Bramble Jelly (click for link)


x





7 comments:

TheMadHouse said...

The boys are really keen to go brambling, but they are not ready here yet. They love bramble and apple pie!

Menopausal musing said...

I think we shall be hitting the hedgerows here this weekend having seen your post! :O)

Kitty said...

Yummy - I love homemade jam on warm crusty bread with a thick layer of real butter.
I attempted to make jam a few weeks ago but it took me ALL day - 5 month old baby and jam making just don't mix. Mrs B , how do you manage all these projects with two small children ?

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Aah Mrs B, we saw so so so many brambles on the banks of the canal as we meandered along on our recent adventures. I wanted to collect them all but as Hubby Biscuit, quite sensibly, pointed out I would not be able to make jelly on board the boat so I had contain myself. It was hard. Not to mention the fact I probably would have fell in over reaching...
I'm not sure they are quite ready for picking here yet. Pants to that!
Smoochy smooch

佳陳容 said...

好的部落格就要和好朋友分享--感謝分享..................................................

于庭吳 said...

打擾你實在不好意思, 你的blog很好看呢!!!!............................................................

怡靜怡靜怡靜怡雯 said...

Make yourself necessary to someone..................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...