Thursday, 19 August 2010

Can I Tempt You...?

The making of this was such a joy.  It is one of the those cakes, that is a labour of love.  When you are baking one, you are BAKING one!
But the smell, the processes of creaming, melting chocolate, measuring (tsps of the most delicious vanilla extract....with seeds....hmmmmmm.  Smells of softness) and icing in long smooth, swoops of a palette knife.
Its like meditation in motion.

And just look at these faces....
You know you have made something deliciously soothing, moreish and a little sublime.

x

(thankyou Nigella....AGAIN....Chocolate Fudge Cake....which NB is such a prosaic name for a cake so marvellous!)

12 comments:

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Duh! Yes you can!!
Mrs B you are so right about that cake. It is truly a wonderful recipe and indeed a labour of love. I only ever make it when I want to savour the process rather than furfill a need for chocolate cake, for which many other recipes suffice.
Save me a slice and I'll promise my heart to you forever!
xx

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

p.s forgot to say I'm loving the tartan! Bonny Mrs B!! :)

Mrs B said...

every year, just as September is looming, my heart yearns for Tartan....though this was being sold with that hideous word....

PLAID

urgh!

Tartan, tartan, tartan!

I am a Robertson....what clan are you, lovely lady?

x

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Stewart, through and through!
Was a Miss Stewart and married a Mister. Makes me a double Stewart!!
I effing hate that 'plaid' word, it mortally offends me, "FREEDOM!!" heehee.
Years ago I had some tartan Mary Quant tights and how I loved them so. Must see if they are still out there...xx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Mine!

Devonia said...

truly the best part of being a kid. licking the spoon!!! you are looking lovely as ever! x

Menopausal musing said...

Hello!!!! Missed you......

Lovely photo of "licking the bowl"...... you are right not to like "plaid"! The tartan looks wonderful, as does that cake!

littleblackduckblog said...

a marvellous looking cake indeed!

TheMadHouse said...

Love the bowl licking the mini's love a good chcolate bowl licking too

Victoria said...

I'm tempted...is there any left?!!

p.s. love the tartan frock too.

meplusmolly said...

Yep 'Tartan' all the way!
We're from the Macdonald clan (Mum's side) here ;0x

LissyLou said...

yes i'm tempted!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...