Friday, 4 June 2010

Smile, Sunshine x

" Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. 
Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset"
St Francis de Sales



I just read this on the this lovely blog.  And thought I would share it! I bet you are all nodding your heads and thinking yes and all thinking about completely different scenarios....work life, family stresses, food choices (click for my sisters inspirational blog), planning events, demands from others etc


We all have the choice to slow down, even if it is simply to breath slower and make choices, decisions based on our good sense and not that anxious flight or fight reaction so many of us practically live off, we are in such high gear.


I like this idea of not losing your inner peace for anything 'whatsoever'.  It is saying you are in control of that, if nothing else you inner response, your peace is all your own.


Take time to sit outside today, like me, have a morning cup of coffee sat on the door step....(with the horse poo-ed garden! )


The sun is shining, have a lovely day all!


x



10 comments:

cumquats said...

This is lovely. Thank you. Kim :)

winnibriggs said...

Oh you are so right! I have just had my tea in a lovely sunny garden in front of the summer house listening to the birds and the running water of our pond. Bliss! Now I feel I can face the day.

nickynackynoo said...

Oh, I need to slow down too. Love how your nails match the rose so perfectly!

TheMadHouse said...

Wise words indeed.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I needed that quote today. Needed it.

Mrs B said...

x all of you lovely ladies.....I neeeeeeeeded it to, so thankyou little jenny wren!

Menopausal musing said...

That is such a sweet blog, and a sentiment I am sure we could all do to follow at times. Me in particular!

HaroldM22 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Oh yes, yes, yes!
Thanks for sharing.
Just been on hols for a week and thinking about changes I would like to make.
This is going on my blackboard in the dining room where I can see it every day.
Lisa x

competitivemum said...

great blog - loving your uplifting posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...