Tuesday, 1 June 2010

I Am Putting Down Roots

I am happy because it is raining...
Have I taken leave of my senses?

No I have been gardening!  I would never have thought it of me and my mum will laugh.  But I am loving my garden.

Is it that my babies are getting passed being babies and I have a need to nurture?
Is it that I can be quiet, still, creative and physical all at the same time?  It is true what they say gardening is so good for the soul.  It is almost meditative.  And you sleep like the proverbial baby after a day gardening.  Slimmer, happier and well rested....what is not to love?
It doesnt need to cost the earth either.  Get down to B&Q....3 rose bushes for a tenner, six lavender plants for £4.  I have gained so much more joy, pleasure and pride from what it would have cost me for yet another Primarni dress that is too short (bring back the knee length hem....please!)
I sat on my door step
...looking out along my row of baby lavender plants hoping and dreaming that one summer I will sit and watch the bees buzz in a wall of fragrance; that I will come home one late summer evening and smell lavender, earth and a hint of autumn in the air.  I dream of smashing up the ugly tarmac path and imagine its winding form filled in with Skye marble gravel instead...making me think of childhood games of five stones.  I am going to buy a gate and paint it sage green.  I want to slip out in the morning in bare feet and cut pink, multi petalled, English roses, fill bed side vases full of them...
So I am glad of the rain,
It is helping my garden grow.....silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row...its helping my dreams grow.



16 comments:

....cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Looking bonny, lavender lovelies!
It's raining here too. I'm SO BORED and avoiding housework playing with Picnik and Flikr.
I should be ashamed! Yet I am not!
xx

Mrs B said...

hee hee! Me too! Avoiding work! I have been looking at all your lovely piccies on flickr! I love orange roses!! x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Gardening has become my love of recent years. I love having something to care for, something to nurture and put effort into.

We should exchange cuttings. We have courgettes to plant up.

Mrs B said...

oooooh thrifty, I would love some courgette plants!! dont know what I could give you though!! you are so much more green fingered then me.....x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oh we got them from my mother in law yesterday. We've yet to do anything with them, she is the queen of growing food. About 80-85% of their fruit and veg is from the garden. Divine.
You are welcome to a courgette plant though, they're still in their little pots.

Menopausal musing said...

Wish you were nearer, I could pass on so many plants........ :O))))

Mrs B said...

that would be lovely!

Cathy I so wish I lived nearer! I want to see your lovely garden! I have no talent but a lot of enthusiasm!

x

Menopausal musing said...

It's not always lovely, trust me, at the moment it is really bedraggled in places, hence less blogging and the trying to get the right balance "thingie"......

King Tom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kitty said...

I have just found your blog through another blog that i follow. Lovely blog - such gorgeous photos.

PaperFish! said...

- gardening in your new dress???
mmmm, lavender and rose x

Mrs B said...

yep....hahaha! that was nearly the blog post, a true laydeeeeee, gardening in a pretty dress, bare feet and muddy knees!

I loved it!!

Green Pickles said...

I LOVE your blog!
It is beautiful!

Love
aimee
x

Mrs B said...

aimee! how lovely! thank you! come back soon! x

maggie said...

knew the bug would get u in the end ...am off to b& q 2mrw for bargain plants xxx mum

Mrs B said...

hahaha! I wish I was coming with you....I am going back tomorrow for more lavender! addicted! new obsession! I bought a gate for the front garden! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...