Saturday, 1 May 2010

I Heart Packing...365/54


I Heart Packing...365/54, originally uploaded by Mrs:B.

I love to pack! I know alot of Folk hate it...I don't understand? And I do have to pack for the family, like most mums! To me it is enormous fun...what shall we wear, when might we wear that, will the holiday be like this or this, sunny, rainy....pretty cardi over dress, boots but a a pair of light plimsolls incase...heels or hiking boots, map or glossy? Love it! It's day dreaming with an end result...the beginning fun of the holiday!

I think the trick is the insistent avoidance of perfection! Pick out clothes that make you happy and will cover eventualties. Pack entertainment for small fry! Pack something to read...start this holiday as you mean to go on, parents! Gleefully optimistic! But vacum packing outfits, perfect capsule wardrobes and scented candles are the domain of magazine editors and actresses!!

So enjoy! No pressure, just a bag of clothes...enough to feel pretty, enough to be appropriate, enough to keep you all in pants!

X

8 comments:

winnibriggs said...

That was so good! Top idea. I usually pack just for DH and me now(kids all grown up) and I never have that much fun. Will try to take on board your tips......Good book for me...pants for him...nice bottle of wine for me....pants for him...see I'm learning.
Jenny
Have a good weekend.

Mrs B said...

Ah yes, you caught on very fast!! Hahaha! I am having a great time away already! X

佐漢 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Menopausal musing said...

Have a great holiday you and yours. :O)

PaperFish! said...

ahaahhhaa - i am chuckling away. Wasn't it lovely and warm on Saturday? perfect for Spring dresses XXX :)

Mrs B said...

Haha loving all the buttons on your owl branch too....;-)))

千惠千惠 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
competitivemum said...

I love to pack too. Its good to know I'm not alone! CM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...