Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Spring Washing Day

Spring Washing Day, originally uploaded by Mrs:B.

The sun is shining, the wood pigeons are sharing juicy gossip about their neighbours....'oooooh...whoooooo, hooooooooo-ooooo', Miss B is pegging and I am having a thoroughly sensational time!


It smells fresh, clean, lavender scented; feels cool and heavy, looks startling in the sunshine....and I am listening to my little girls babble and the buzz of enormous bumble bees.

Who would have thought this possible, in the most mundane of domestic chores, but you see you can change your perspective of pretty much anything. I think the psycho-jargon is 'grounding'. By just tuning into what you can sense, you feel calmer, more now and for a little while at least you are meditative. The theory is you can do this anytime, anywhere.

I suppose (and I am just tootling with my own thoughts here....please feel free to laugh behind your hand or get out your A level psychology books!) it all boils down to choice, I choose to do the task I have to do, but also to hone in on the lovely aspects of it too. Which after all are just as real as the 'nags' in my head, if not more so....

Its like bringing a holiday mood to the every day!

x

13 comments:

Little Bear Stories said...

when i was little my grandmother would make a game of hanging out the washing and as a result i absolutely love it, the whole process of washing in the spring/summer brings me joy and satisfaction! x

LissyLou said...

A women after my own heart...Mrs B.

I like to look/smell/hear for the best bits out of everyday...makes everything a bit nicer doesn't it??

PaperFish! said...

look at your blog MrsB - it is just stunning! very very beautiful xxx

Mrs B said...

Fishy, my love! That is just what the dr ordered I feel like I am just whittering....maybe there is nothing wrong with that though!? X

Victoria said...

you are right, Mrs B, as SAHMs it is essential we find pleasure in the mundane otherwise we would go mad.

I have just been meditative over my kitchen floor, haha, all sparkling and clean now!

Mrs B said...

How lovely to hear it's not just me getting zen like with the everdaymundane! Bet it looks lovely! X

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I love a wash day. I was wrapped up inside my sheets yesterday smelling the freshness when my neighbour cooed over the fence 'hellooooo?!'

You have sun 2miles away? We have a miserable grey day.

Mrs B said...

Yes we do! We get it extra!! Very posh here don't you know?!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I'm too thrifty to pay for the extra sun.

Menopausal musing said...

Whitter away Mrs B, your post was GORGEOUS....... Nothing beats a line of clean, dazzling washing, does it? :O)

....cupcakesandbiscuits said...

I tried to feel zen like yesterday hanging out the washing in the sun but then I hit my head on the non-whirly-ma-gig AGAIN, it's one of those brabantia things that concertinas out from the wall and I manage to hit my head off it EVERY time I use it......f@*^@*g thing!!!!
Lovely photos Mrs B!
xx

Christy said...

I love all of it except for the putting away. Must admit - I sometimes leave clean laundry in the basket for a bit before it make it to the proper destinations.

**sigh** must work on that. Lovely post - as always! :)

Mrs Yappy Dog said...

must get me a washing line, you have prompted me. I love the smell of outside dried laundry, even when the socks do come off the line petrified and stiff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...