Thursday, 11 February 2010

Wanderlust....

Is it some primal migration instinct....?
Is it March madness a tad early...?
Could it be a mischievous North wind blowing...?

Who knows? But my feet are an itchin', my suitcase is calling to me, I look longingly at travel agents and my soul yearns for movement! 

I love to travel....happiest when a little lost and just pootling.
A map to ponder over coffee, a second hand guidebook (magically with a timeless traveller's underlinings and scribblings), a crisp, spring, new day and a "huckleberry friend" to go finding rainbow's end with....flea markets, flower stalls, a perfect bakery, bikes to hire.
 A friend once wrote that to think something, is to send out energy, it gets things flowing.  So perhaps my dreaming with bring with it a little travel!

x
Now available in my Folksy shop!  Make like your on the Champs-Elysees, sipping your coffee, looking tres chic!

16 comments:

nickynackynoo said...

Zut alors! Très jolie!

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Ooh! That post made me think of Gene Kelly in 'An American in Paris' - I love that film!! C'est Magnifique!!

"Who could ask for anything more?"
xx

Victoria said...

What attention to detail - love the beaded cake topping!

Menopausal musing said...

Well, two people have beaten me to it: I was going to say "Tres Jolie" and also comment on the beading..... What a lovely post Mrs B, your make is just beautifully presented.

Mrs B said...

Merci beaucoup, mesdames! Any excuse for fondant fancies thats what I say! Thats the way round it was you know, make something to display my cakes!! hahaha!

x

Mrs B said...

NB Ali......Gene Kelly.....mmmmmmmmmmm!! I love the man! If that man was still with us, he would be on my list!

x

Doris said...

Lovely items! The cakes also look yummy ;-)

xxx

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Mrs B, he's still on my list. As a happily married woman, he's as unachievable as the 'living' wonders that are man!
You see how I say they can't have me and not the other way round!
I wish !!!
X

Victoria said...

p.s. MrsB, if you don't mind sharing - where do you get your fabric?

meplusmolly said...

Have you watched Amelie? I think you need to if you haven't.
Right little lady am a visiting from lunchtime-ish 23rd to afternoon of 25th feb, any minutes to spare?? ;0 X

coco rose said...

Ooooohhhh that's rather gorgeous! xxx

Little Bear Stories said...

Mrs B, how will I decide now? I shall have to have a think x x x

Little Bear Stories said...

Oh and I passed a little award on to you... its on my blog x

LissyLou said...

ooo so excited..i've just bought your rosie posy pinny!!! (under my hubbies name - his account/his money hee hee)
i've loved it since i saw it a while ago, but i decided to wait until i'd been to a few fairs..but didn't find any i liked.

xxxx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

This post made me feel all joyful!
But why, why would you want to leave Manchester even for a moment? ;)

Little Island In The Med said...

I've always loved French Fancies and I think I've only just realised most of the appeal is how they look. They are so fabulously retro!

We can buy them in Cyprus, but them come frozen, which is a bit odd!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...