Monday, 4 January 2010

I feel like I should be doing something IMPORTANT!

Making resolutions, girding up my loins to improve everything in DIY arms reach! My home, my children, myself, my bank balance, my very soul!

...instead I am eating comfy food.
...giving the stools woolly jumpers!

...knitting new mittens....drinking too much tea...and hatching plots to steal my daughters tea set to make tiny strong espressos in (ristretto!) You know you'd do it too!
Messing about at home!

Pretty much like last year then? YES! I say loud and proud! When the bells chimed, I thought back to the things I had accomplished, in the year that had just closed the door quietly behind itself!

I...

Opened a Folksy shop
Made a few pennies of my very own!The littlest B had her first birthday!I have made and eaten ALOT of cupcakes!!
dressed up!
Joined forces with this lovely lady and started our cooking blog - TheBigStoveYear
Created the perfect snack....for me (love, love, love it!)I ran and ran and ran
So really more of the same would suit me just fine!

Happy New Year Lovely Folk!

Look back and feel proud!

Move forward with bravery, strength, humor, pride in your good self and a little bit of humility and gratitude. "The world is a beautiful place" after all!

x

16 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Now if you ask me, making adorable jumpers for the stools IS doing something important...

MelMel said...

Happy New Year...such a lot of lovely fun you had!
:>)))

Menopausal musing said...

I would "gird my loins" if only for warmth today, but alas, they are post Christmas fat laden..... sigh...........
That was a beautiful, reflective post Mrs B.......

That Crafty Fish! said...

haha - oh my lordy - don't blog the 'girding of loins' it sounds so uncivilised and far from pretty.... those stool jumpers however... (sort of rude when you write it down) but *WOW* love them too much!!

That Crafty Fish! said...

i want jumpers for my furniture (stamps foot)

Mrs B said...

hilarious! this is coming from the lady who laughs till she weeps over "smells like wee"....rahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa! Tho I agree it is very unlike me to feel even a smidgen of self conciousness at the mention of loins....I am a massive PRUDE!

Oh Fishy, Fishy my love! shall I knit your chaise longue a jumper......now there is a blog post! You heard it here folks....when it has become THE THING!

x

Yappy Dog said...

happy new year mrs b and thankyou for being so inspiring, motivating and captivating!

Mrs B said...

Yappy Dog they are all of my favourite "-ings"!! Youre lovely! Happy happy new year! x

Victoria said...

mothering, crafting, baking, coffee-ing, dressing (up) and running - all very important things in my book (particularly the running as it allows for the baking!!).

Fell Tops said...

Those stools look fab!

Devon said...

lovely as always, missing you. the parcel was fab and im wearing my lovely new pin today. stool jumpers are very adorable! LOVE IT!!!! xx

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

What is it about cupcake? If I were to ever shrink 60's Land of the Giants style, I would like it to be on a gloriously pretty cake stand crowned with cupcakes. I shall make contingency plans to be at your house if I get wind of such a thing happening, if that's OK with you and yours Mrs B!
;O)
X

Two Truly Scrumptious Ladies said...

Yes please!! Ali what fun you and I would have! Keep me posted! Until then we will have to recreate the effect by just sitting really close, nose level to a cake stand and squinting a bit! *sniggers at image of two grown women with their faces in a cake stand*!

Devon! You are also a cupcake queen!! Will you join us on this honey I shrunk the mummies mini adventure?

And kirsty actually has a wee red mini, so we could do the mini adventure in style!

....am I getting carried away!?!?!?

x

nattybumbum said...

SOO glad I found your blog! What a year you've had and what gorgeous and yummy creations! Wishing you lots of the stuff that makes life special in 2010

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Mrs B, my eldest just got cool green screen and special effect software from Santa so I (I say I, I mean him!) may be able to have a go at this shrinking malarky in a film........imagine. I would particularly like that shot of my man cat, Hamish wandering about like a scary cat giant who could eat us up at any minute...we could escape in Kirsty's mini... ooooh!!....and you think you're getting carried away!
Talking of cupcakes, it feels like a cupcake day today along with a day of usual domestic chores but cupcakes will come first!!
Enjoy making that lemon curd!
X

LissyLou said...

What do you mean!!! i think all of those things are very very important!!

Looking forward to see what your year holds Mrs B xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...