Saturday, 9 January 2010

"Hot Booze" is Not Just For Christmas!

It is miiiiiiiiighty cold out there! So cold it is bordering on painful!

The shelves at the corner shop had been stripped bare! Not a loaf or pint insight....eggs, eggs are a luxury round these snow bound parts! I am of course taking a flight of poetical fancy on the egg front! But the point is, I am not the only person to be an extreme weather wimp so the wee shop was all out of the basics! So into the Great White of 2010 we ventured!

By the time I had shoved a buggy through the snow, half carried a poorly toddler and been banged on the shins enough times to make even a lady swear by the shopping bags, I was cold right into my very soul!

A cup of tea was never going to touch this level of deep freeze!In wintery Prague, you can have a throw away cup of mulled wine from "holes in the wall" all over the city! These are people only too familiar with our current climatic shennanigans, so as far as I am concerned, when in Czech-ian conditions and the temp doesn't get above -5 all day and has been -18 at night....."do as the czechs do"!And drink "hot booze"! It works a treat and seems to stem the flow of expletives!

6 comments:

MelMel said...

I don't normally drink booze....but I have to agree its blimming freezling....so I feel like breaking that no booze rule....then I might be able to feel me toes...:>))

PaperFish! said...

oh your current photography and blogging is driving me insane with inspiration. thankyou hotpot x

seaside grannie said...

We decided a little cava cocktail does the trick and reminds us of Spanish climes but even here at the seaside snow is laying all around and looks pretty but really slippy so no outdoor adventures.
love me and him xxx

Little Bear Stories said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Bear Stories said...

mmmm, blackberry liqueur! i want!

Menopausal musing said...

Thanks for my birthday goodwishes........... don't you just love mulled wine??????/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...