Thursday, 10 December 2009

Scrooge-itis: A Cure

When woken up at 6.30 by flushing toilets, stroppy toddlers and a screaming baby it is hard to keep your sense of perspective, to remain calm in the face of adversity, to be the embodiment of the Christmas spirit for your family....mainly because they are driving you up the wall!

So when Scrooge-itis attacks, fight back with MrsB's cure all!Pour some strong, fresh, hot coffee into a wee festively red cup, pull out the wrapping paper and wrap some pressies!Make them beautiful. Feel excited about what you have bought. Think of the much loved friends they are for. Imagine their faces when they unwrap them again....in this case sadly, hundreds of miles away You are left with only a soft glow of giving, a pretty little pile of gifts and a true sense of what it is all about.....and if you haven't, well at least the coffee will have had time to work its magic, which should prevent you from leaving home!MrsB: Christmas spirit rating= 8.5......

1-3 Scrooge
4-6 Able to muster a smile and perhaps enjoy a mincepie
7-8 Humming Christmas songs and feeling festively jolly
8-9 Misty eyed at the beauty of Christmas, friends, family and twinkle lights
10+ Drunk!

13 comments:

seaside grannie said...

I am on a 8 but I only have grandad to whinge whilst shopping. Do i-spy a new cake plate?
love me and him xxx

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

I am definitely past 8, not quite 10, it is daytime, although had a glass of red whilst out at lunch yesterday. I was shopping....and it's Christmas.
I declare immunity to scrooge-itis!!!

Saw one of your gorgeous woolly wreaths in the folksy festive sampler that came in the post today. Reminded me how chuffed I am to own one. Clever you!!

Ho ho ho!!
X

Menopausal musing said...

Is that a peg dolly fairy at the top of your tree?? She looks gorgeous! I wrapped some presents yesterday and put the same little reindeer on them as you have. (I thought it was about time to start getting festive).

Mollimoo said...

Ha ha! I was on about a 7 but after reading your post I'm now about a 9. I love your pretty packages x

LissyLou said...

your pressies look pretty!!

I'm a bit scroogy at the minute - kids are driving me insane - off out for pizza and drinkies with a friend soon, so sure i'll feel better soon.

Two Truly Scrumptious Ladies said...

arrrrrrrrrrrr Lissy, you do right!! I am having a mummy night off tomorrow night! good for the soul! enjoy! x

all you non-scroogy ladies, big well dones! keep up the good "Elf Esteem" x

cathy- she's my crafty muse....on my blog banner....and i thought what a perfect fairy for my very homemade tree!! x

Emma-Jayne said...

Ooh you were right that gingerbread is deeelish!!! Thank you.
I have just wrapped my step dad's gift, with a very festive peppermint hot chocolate, then a ginger and cinnamon latte. Ooh I feel all christmassy now. Definatley a 9. Loving the wrapping paper, gorgeous.

meplusmolly said...

always grinchy, hehehehehe ;)X
(loving the wee peg doll fairy)

Amanda said...

Hello Mrs B! I'm new to blogging and yours is one of my favorites. I think I NEED some of that lovely paper. I'm edging towards an 8 as I type!
Love, Amanda x

Taz said...

What scale am I at if I don't have anything to wrap? Oh yes panic!!!

Lisa said...

I think I may be indanger of suffering a bit of this today. Awake on and off from 3.30 due to loudly snoring husband.
Ho, bloody, ho
Lisa x

Alex Mason said...

Gorgeous blog :) x

Devon said...

a truely lovely post! i am 8 wishing to be a 10+ (teehee!) actual christmassing acomplished about 0-3, thanks to a baby button who just wants to be held 24/7. oh well maybe next year.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...