Thursday, 12 November 2009

Keeping me sane....

....this week is

making jam tartsmarvelling at Miss B's initial reaction to jam tartsmaking edible, homemade Christmas gifts (such a satisfying, wholesome thing to do!)

Chelly (chilli jelly) to stir into noodles, have with cold meats and cheese on Boxing Day, to have on a Bacon Buttie when too much 'Christmas Cheer' has been had (a great tip from the lovely Nigella!)

Vanilla Sugar, just perfect on porridge, sprinkled on popcorn, or making cupcakes with!And a woolly winter cushion, created from a thrifted, felted scarf! Love it, so cosy, so comfy, so happy me!

x

PS the vomiting seems to have subsided finally, in the B household. I must have the constitution of an ox. MrsB did not succumb (touch wood) to the evil lurgy!

10 comments:

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Glad to hear the family are feeling better!! You have been a busy (mrs) Bee! It is a fact; you can always trust Nigella! She is the wise woman of the culinary forest!
I don't recall ever finding being called a tube so amusing, for some reason it reminded me of my big brother calling me 'Bawheid'.
Take care
Ali X

Heather said...

delish! did you make your own pastry...emm...whatdyacallems...the base thingys for the tarts? Thy look lovely. There is something so satisfying about making your own xmas pressents.

Mrs B said...

Hee....bawheid! you make me laugh, Mrs!

Heather- I did make the pastry, but I feel it maybe a bit rubbish, I can't be doing with the ice cube in the water, cold butter, cold fingers malarky! SO made a childrens recipe....my thinking is ifkids can do it then surely I can?!?!?! Mind you, being where you are, keeping pastry cold should be no problem!

x

TheMadHouse said...

Glad that everyone is feeling better and that you have not got the dreaded lurgy.

Jam tarts, yum. I must make some and lemon curd ones too.

How is nursery going?

That Crafty Fish! said...

PHOTOS!! mmm, lovely lovely lovely lovely loveyou x

Lisa said...

I have that very self same blue glass cake plate, sadly mine is bereft of jam tarts.
Lisa x

Rhiannon said...

I'm planning on making some chelly soon - does it work nicely? x

Mrs B said...

Fish-ditto!

Rhiannon- it works a treat sooooooooooooo easy! looks gorgeous!

Lisa- where is yours from? I got mine in random charity shop in blackpool....I have convinced myself mine is centuries old.......heehee

nursery going well.....till vomiting occured!

x

Mrs B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...