Thursday, 26 November 2009

Gooooooood Morning, Good mooooorning!

"sun beams are shining through"

(Singin in the Rain)

Well they are not are they, not anywhere, to my best met knowledge! But don't let the rain dampen your soul!

"Keep it all in perspective"


This is my mum's oft dealt out and actually most appropriate advise to me! I have no perspective. If it is good: its amazing, wonderful, marvellous, fandabbydozey. If it is bad: it is forever, unbearable, THE PITS!

Much soaring on the wings of poetical fancy (a la Anne Shirley) but it isn't always worth the thud on landing!

So while cursing the rain and pouting and making breakfast (multitasking lady you see?!) my perspective altered!

How beautiful!I am thankful for the chilly weather allowing me to make bowlfuls of warming porridge, I am thankful for the freezer allowing me to add a little summer to each bowl

I am (very) thankful for my jar of vanilla sugar! It just makes porrigde even more of a comforting joy!
I am thankful for the little B's who share breakfast with me I am thankful for my cup of Earl Grey in a much loved saucer!I am thankful to be surrounded by so many things, that I love, that make me smile.

The little things in life are indeed good! Sometimes a narrowing of perspective, shows you the details, the beauty in the everyday!

So sod off rain!!!

11 comments:

seaside grannie said...

Feel better just to see those steaming bowls and lovely fruit. That little face always brings sunshine so it should be a brighter day for us all.
lvoe me and him xxx

Menopausal musing said...

Porridge........ don't get me on the subject........... Loved your spoons. We had a set like that which only came out at Christmas. They were in a box lined with satin and the spoons radiated out in a fan shape in the lid. I used to love the sense of "occasion"......... :O)

LissyLou said...

.....and i am thankful for your very lovely post today Mrs B xxxx

Petit Filoux said...

I completely agree. And your breakfast looks yummy, it's making me hungry!!!

Dolly said...

good morning, good morning, to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Lisa said...

Fabulous happy, family, warm and glowy post.
Lisa x

MrB said...

It's sunny, but cold, in Watford but I'd rather have breakfast with y'all!

I had shortbread fingers, the breakfast of champions, as it was the only thing on Virgin Train$ I had enough pennies for!

Mr B x

Mrs B said...

so the sun is residing in Watford eh? Interesting place to holiday?! x

LissyLou said...

The 2 little boys didn't come - we have been away from them before but this was the furthest. I hate leaving them, but it's good for us i think, and i love it when i finally get to see them. xx

Taz said...

I'm coming to you house for breakfast! :)

Mrs B said...

come on over, Taz!

Lissy- it sounds gorgeous, Mr B and I were busy planning our New York ecape last night! Completely inspired by you! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...