Monday, 16 November 2009

Brains or Brawn.....?

It is oft said that I am freakishly strong! This is true! If I have the remote control, for example, there is not a chance in hell you will wrench it free of my vice-like-grip! Grown men have tried and failed....left whimpering at the loss of Top Gear and their machismo! This, however has left me with the tendency to just march in and demolish, pull, yank, bash until I have accomplished what I WANT to accomplish! I leave my brain behind, far too often! I have been bruised, scrapped and cut in the pursuit of a finished item!

This wonderful blanket box was a gift from a lovely friend, who is moving house and (inexplicably) has had this in her cellar for 12 years?! I adore it! (recycle, thrift, vintage, bought with a good cup of coffee and a wholemeal cinnamon scone!). But it is musty and the casters were badly rusted, so they HAD TO COME OFF! Witness what ensued!
RIGHT.....I am off to make a B!@*!Y cup of tea!I wonder if.....Yes they do just pull out, they are meant to....its that easy! Go wipe your sweaty brow!Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr pretty shoe display! To paint or not to paint, that is the question!

x

10 comments:

LissyLou said...

well done Mrs B!!!!

hmmmmm, i think live with it for a while and then decide whether or not to paint xxx

Mrs B said...

gooooooooooood idea!! I like it! I will do just that! x

MelMel said...

Great pictures, thay def captured the fun and also the struggle you were having.....:>))

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Remind me never to request a square go with you......you looked positively scary yet somehow efficient brandishing that screwdriver. You showed braun then brains in figuring out the feet just pull off, as I scrolled down I half expected a hammer to join the party!
It does look lovely, I'm with deciding later whether to paint or not.
XX

Menopausal musing said...

"Swapsy" my kitsch cake decorations for your chaise longue???????......... nah! didn't think so..... (but you can't blame me for trying..)

Loved this post, made me laugh!!!!!!!!

TheMadHouse said...

Lovley chest, it might look better painted in your room, love the sgow bling on it

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

OOOh MrsB!!!
My Hubby just arrived back from collecting Saturday's missed packages....deep breaths Ali....my goodies are here...oooh!!....I love love love them!!!!!!.......deep breaths......they look even better in real life........after a brief, mild panic that it's only just over five weeks to Christmas and I've sooo much to do earlier this afternoon, I am now again full of festive cheer, just like you wished!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and your excellent eye for beauty.........happy deep breaths.......Ali XXX

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

Oooh more deep breaths.......I didn't think to look.....thank you special lady!!!! XXX

Mrs B said...

hee hee!! just for fun!! x

cupcakesandbiscuits said...

MrsB, just found this shop and thought you might appreciate what's there, it will appeal to your Scottishness!
www.gilliankyle.com
Take care
XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...