Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Happy Birthday to You...Squashed Bananas and Stew x

There is something faintly ridiculous and enormous fun about the Custard Sponge, Sprinkles Adorned Bonanza Birthday Cake, that myself and the Mini B's made for Mr B (who is two threes today!)

I had great fun, it uses some of the best ingredients....Bird's Custard Powder, Golden Syrup, Icing Sugar! Just look at the fabulous labels! They are so memorable, evocative, each a design classic! The Bird's custard I almost buy just for the label (and to keep my friend James' custard addiction in check!) and as you know I keep the golden syrup pots to keep pens, bobbins, 'stuff' in!
So here are some piccies to entertain and celebrate another year for MrB (we have now celebrated 11 together.....arrrrrrrrrrrrrr remember when you were two twos!?!)
Chef's prerogative! (still the best bit of cake baking....even at one three and a nothing!)
Head Sprinkler
and Sou-Sprinkler!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR B! Lovely, patient, encouraging, inspiring, gentle Daddy and just gorgeous, food loving Hubby! And favourite dinner requests?!

20 comments:

That Crafty Fish! said...

Get that hunk with the big beard!!! fwoarrrr - 33 hey? x big kiss ;)

Mrs B said...

I bet he is blushing, sat at his desk!! Heeeeeeeeeeewgeeeee beard!! x

seaside grannie said...

I remember the day he arrived, he was a hairy little blighter even then juat got more handsome every year and I'm not biased or anything. xxxxx

MrB said...

Thank you one and all! The beard is proud to be so famous!

My tastebuds say nachos covered in chilli for birthday din-dins but may training plan says something with pasta and chicken!

I'm sure you can create something in between!

Mrs B said...

eh?!! now that would be clever and worthy of note, if I managed to create something in between those two?! Be Certain Man! x

Mrs B said...

ps thanks for being a follower MrB! (my dad was right!) x

Menopausal musing said...

Give him Nachos.... it's his BIRTHDAY!! Happy three three. :O)

Jumbleberry Orchard said...

Aw this post has left me craving golden syrup, custard, cake and birthdays!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun :-)

MelMel said...

Happy Birthday!
Lovely cake!

:>))))

Itch2stitch.com said...

Happy birthday. Yum! Suzie. xx

meplusmolly said...

Awwwwww your big sexy beardy bloke - my sis has one of those too, well obviously not a beard herself a big beardy bloke of her own!! ;0 x
Happy Birthday to Mr B! you perfick couple you.....!!!! ;0

Mrs B said...

hilarious!!! Kirsty!! I just snorted birthday cake!! x

That Crafty Fish! said...

KirstyS and her amazing bearded sister - they hire her out you know, to Suumer Fetes and travelling Circui x

Mrs B said...

hee hee!! MsFish your use of 'circui' is my favourite moment of today!!! I did tell him it was an impressive beard and fought off some v v v v negative comments...mainly from his more folically challenged mates!! x

LissyLou said...

Yes, i read that about Jo whiley - in Easy Living i think. I hope my boys like it!! If not, i can't wait to read it - i never did as a child.

Happy bday to Mr B!! XX


oOH my word verification is 'moves' (i like it when i get real words :) hee hee)

meplusmolly said...

*huge intake of breath* how could That Crafty Fish let out all our family touring secrets, really........ ;0 X

Mrs B said...

*guffaw*

xxx

Mrs B said...

ps thankyou thankyou for you folksy purchase, lovely kirtsy! x

Pomona said...

Amazing cake - perhaps you could send me one for my birthday in March? And I'm not going to mention beards! But happy belated birthday anyway - I am just catching up with all the posts I have missed!

Pomona x

Pink of Perfection said...

These pictures are unbearably sweet (in all possible and best ways!). xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...