Monday, 13 July 2009

Eat Me......Fish Tacos x


Fresh, zingy, simple, uplifting, energising.....and that is just the eating of this, my favourite meal, this month! Making it is a 'sense-sation' in itself!

Freshly squeezed lime juice, spring onions, coriander, warm tomato-y cherry tomatoes as only July can provide, avocado for that luxurious bite and a life affirming kick in the tastebuds - jalapeno peppers! Don't tell me that that ingredients list didn't make your heart sing!?)



You are probably thinking "oooooh fish tacos?? not sure at all about that little idea, Mrs B?" but I can assure you it will instantly whisk you away to a surfy beach, lift your weary soul and sunkiss your mind, without an Ryanair flight in sight!

Don't believe me......well I double dares you! Let me know?!

And for dessert, a fridge, cool slice of watermelon. Just hand me the holiday read and a strawberry daiquiri!


Serves 2

2 fillets of white fish (whatever you fancy....white fish is the best, as it is fairly bland and takes on all those zesty flavours!)
1 or 2 limes (depending on your love of this Opal fruit of a fruit!)
4 tsp of jalapeno peppers
3 spring onions
a punnet of plump, fragrant cherry toms
1 avocado
a bunch of coriander (again use as much or as little, depending on how much you love this punchy little herby! I adore him, shove it all in I say!)
1 clove of garlic

Chop up your spring onions, cherry toms and avocado into chunks, squeeze a lime over them. Finely chop 3 tsps of Jalapeno peppers (go with your fire fighting abilities, my friend adores them on anything, in high doses....I am not so brave but this salsa is at its most raaaaaaaaaar with a bit of heat!), sling it in to the mix. Chop finely the coriander, my salsa is alive with this herb and I use about 3 tablespoons (a large handful!! and a half!). Thats your salsa finished!

On a piece of tinfoil, place your fish. Finely chop one garlic clove and 1tsp of Jalapeno peppers, scatter over the top, squeeze the juice of half a lime over your fish. Seal up the fish in a little, loose packet of foil. Place in oven at 180C, for about 20 minutes, your fish should be cooked but still moist and easy to flake.

Flake fish into a bowl, lambada your way over to the table, place it there with your salsa and warmed up corn tortillas. Load them up, add lettuce and some salty cheese (feta?). Enjoy! Mr B and I love these with a mexican beer (the kind served with a wedge of lime shoved in the top of the bottle) or three! (and not a baby in sight!).

x

the original of this recipe, properly recorded, with no 'slinging' involved, comes from this lovely NYC lady! Her blog, her food, is a complete joy, a thrifty treasure trove of elegance, charm, deliciousness and crafty finds!

10 comments:

meplusmolly said...

I would just like to say that I am now starving, better not salivate on the keyboard, not nice!
thankfully I can hear someone cooking T in the kitchen, phew thank goodness!
;0 Xx

MelMel said...

How yummy....your meals are always so fabby.....I had very boring shop bought pizza....:>((

Fancy doing take away service...???
:>)))))

xx

Mrs B said...

ooooooh nows theres an idea, Mel!! send me an order!! youre pretty near, do you reckon city cabs would deliver it or eat it?! x

Pomona said...

I quite fancy some of the watermelon - I feel that I could just reach out and grab it!

Pomona x

Menopausal musing said...

If its got coriander AND avocado, then we shall be giving it a go. x

That Crafty Fish! said...

oh MrsB... i think we might be heading in a most exciting direction... it's like one giant stove day between us!!

MelMel said...

LOL!!!

Just popped back!
City cabs def would scoff it!
norty lads!!! HHhahahhahahaha!


Have you been to a Charity shop up in Fallowfield called St Annes Hospice...they are doing urban outfitters clothing and other stuff....little gifts from there and also thay have a fab furniture shop next door, my Little Sister got a Laura Ashley Table and chairs for very little!
h a look!xxx

Mrs B said...

ooooooooooh no but I am so there tomorrow!! hee hee luuuuurve a charity shop! x

MelMel said...

Cool...have fun...tis a good un!x

MelMel said...

P.S...tis opposite Somerfield.....just off Ladybarn lane..x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...