Saturday, 23 May 2009

Lists!


I am a person who loves a list. I like to write them. They make me feel clear, calm and a little proud of myself for writing it! I am not, however a person, who follows them clearly, completes them calmly and certainly not on who has any sense of pride in having ticked it off! So there we have it....I blame it on the cosmos (of course!!) I am a Libran...see saw, seeeeeeee saw!

So, (and bearing in mind I am a real techno tortoise, so this is old school!), I returned to look at Listography.com randomly today and found this list....naturally (cosmically) forgotten about and certainly not on the way to being completed! It was like looking in a box of forgotten diaries in the attic! They are like a window to your/ someones dreams.

Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

write my childrens book
live in Italy
sing in a jazz band
learn to speak Italian
have my own business
learn to make ceramics
learn to print fabric
build my own house
be happy alone
swim the channel
live in Dorset
have a flower shop
run the New York Marathon
be brilliant at something

It is a morbid title, I agree, it is one generated by listography and actually quite an interesting long term view!! (My M-i-L's friend actually has a real life to before I die list!)

Random lists, love them!

9 comments:

meplusmolly said...

I love lists too! I also love being able to tick them as I complete things, although they sometimes take too long in being completed oops!

By the way you can tick being brilliant at something & having your own business - thats what you're doing with your folksy shop and your work is v lovely! ;0 x

Enjoy your bank hol weekend
p.s. your cooking looks brilliant to me as well! ;0

Mrs B said...

Kirsty...I could kiss you! What a lovely comment to come home to! You've made me smile x

Mrs B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Menopausal musing said...

Now, I don't write lists... BUT, I have been known to interfere with His Nibs' lists and add things to them :O) x

Rhiannon said...

I love lists, and make them for everything, although the most used is the seemingly proactive "to do" list...

Also you've reminded me its ages since I looked at my listography... whoops?

Maybe its a morbid list title, but there are some very cool things in that list, and on the grounds that you have a folksy shop and are brilliant at being you (and have the best biscotti recipe I have ever come across) there are at least two gone from that list already!

xxx

Mrs B said...

Rhiannon! Youre too lovely! What nice comments!! isn't listography great? It really has been ages since I looked and then, embarrassingly I wanted to write a list for fun, so I thought there would be some fun ideas on there! Oh deary me! x

That Crafty Fish! said...

ummmm hello...
you are a brilliant friend
you are a brilliant mother
you are a brilliant blogger
you are a brilliant crafter
you are a brilliant singer...

(just off the top of my head)
and p.s. i saw kirsty first re: that snogging!

That Crafty Fish! said...

p.s. my word verification was 'maters' ... i was thinking like 'Alma Mater/s' but if you want to get down and dirty....

Mrs B said...

under the naughty blanket?!!! xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...