Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Worth it?

Right onions! I want to have onion tarte (inspired by lady pink!), so you need to be chopped! Into battle! Armed with old wives tale number one. Hold a piece of bread in mouth while chopping, will prevent tears.

As I found to my detriment, the bread goes soggy and falls out your mouth, you spend most of the time furiously sucking the bread and fighting the urge to gag!

And its effects are less than effective! On to old wives tale number two...
A spoon in the mouth, for reasons completely unknown to me, should stop the tears!

Rubbish!

Oh sod it! Lets have a good old cry!

Onions + Butter = Delicious Aromas Wafting Round Kitchen!

Husband declared this to be one of the best things he had ever eaten.....a good friend of mine who hates onions probably had nightmares about this last night! But she liked the cake!

19 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I've always just gritted my teeth with onions, but my younger brother (still) swears by the spoon method

Slightly jealous to see a recipe for chocolate-orange cake as about three weeks ago I had one to make but ended up having to make up a recipe!
x

MelMel said...

Hilarious!

scrummy looking food!

Have a good day!x

Mrs B said...

hee hee! Not the most flattering pictures but hilarious all the same!

Rhiannon, if in doubt, 'Nigella'! thats my mantra for life she has a recipe for everything! xx nb it is one of the best cakes I have ever had!! x

meplusmolly said...

It all looks v tasty! ;0

Pip said...

The only thing i found that works is my contact lenses!. If i have my glasses on my eyes stream, contacts in, no leakage whatsoever!

Mrs B said...

ms herbert is that you?! good to see you here on blogger....does that mean you will soon be a proud blog owner?? x

Menopausal musing said...

DEFINITELY WORTH IT!!!! What a gorgeous post. Had just posted my own re cooking and the "worth it?" question. . . . You have such style in your posts. So enjoyable. x

Mrs B said...

Cathy you have made my day!!! going to have a nosey at your post too now! thats twice we have been great minds think alike-ish! x

Devon said...

haha, you just made my morning! you are tooooooooo funny. ah I miss you. well i off to work now in a much better mood. darn rose thorns my hands hurt already but only 3 days left. x x

Mrs B said...

Devon!!! You poor little Valentine elf! You don't get the appreciation you deserve, I know!! Think of all the love you are helping spread! x

thriftymrs said...

Great post. Really put a smile on my face.I find as long as you don't cut the root it's fine.

I love the choc orange cake, Mr Thrifty is addicted.

Mrs B said...

ooooooooo good tip thrifty! will try that one? how you feeling re blogland? don't go I will miss you!! x

KirstyFish said...

you are sooooo cute lady x

Kitschen Pink said...

Contact lenses. Try contact lenses! t.x

maggie said...

crazy girl but flan looks yum xx

Pink of Perfection said...

i think you look lovely! glad to know the bread in the mouth thing doesn't work. i always wondered about that. and that chocolate cake looks divine.

Mrs B said...

sarah x!

its so nice you stopped by! hows life ttreating you?? x

Sew Recycled said...

Itotally agree on the contact lense tip! It works for me!
I want onion tart now..........

funkymonkey said...

I'd like the tart and the cake. Yummy!

tracey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...