Thursday, 5 February 2009

Warm Your Cockles..

Whenever I feel cold, I crave all things orange. This is the perfect soup for warming body and soul, when both feel like hibernating, till the world seems more temperate.


My son loves his porridge and of course while making it, I noticed its glowing colour (how many people do we know who wax lyrical about a porridge box?!)

There is something subliminal about orange, it speaks to our subconscious, confidently telling your body, 'yes, I am a good thing to eat'!

Try it! Next time you are eating an orange, hold it up to the dreary, grey, wintery landscape out of your window; sheer luminescence!

This is a little sub post for my own Mummy! She bought my husband and I...who am I kidding she bought ME this wee cake stand.

It is so perfect in its diddiness and makes the most rubbish cakes look artful! So when mummies and babies came to play at my house yesterday out it came, to display my over cooked (Nigella again) Chocolate chip muffins.

I wished my mum could have been here to play! When the going was tough, in the starting blocks of being a stay at home mum, it was memories of my own childhood that made me persist; cakes baked, bowls licked, easter bonnet hats made, fancy dress clowns, ballet shoes and Andy Pandy's! Thankyou, Mum!


Anyone for a cuppa and a muffin?

x

7 comments:

MelMel said...

Me please, I've had a sad day....and could do with a cake and comfort...thank you!xxx

funkymonkey said...

Lovely post today. I would love to share some tea and cake with you as I watch the snow falling.

Mrs B said...

you both are v v v welcome!! Mel I am sorry you are having a sad day, can I do anything? sendin you a cyber muffin x

Surfer Rosa said...

Oh I have some butternut squash soup in the freezer from the Autumn - i had forgotten all about it till I read your post - well that's tommorrows lunch sorted.

Your afternoon tea looks delightful - I love pretty cake stands and little jugs!

Louise
x

thriftymrs said...

Mmm to the soup. I love orange, it is full of vibarance. Everytime I have freshly squeezed orange juice I can feel the goodness enter my body. Yum!
Those cakes look yummy.

Maggie said...

AW THAT IS SO LOVELY,THANKYOU MY PRECIOUS SIDEKICK. lOVE U LOADS DIDNT REALISE YOU REMEMBERED ALL THESE STAY AT HOME MOMENTS.WASHING-MON, BAKING-TUES, PLAYING WED, THURS,IRONING AND BAKING FRID AND LOTS OF FUN AW MOMENTS IN BETWEEN !!! XXXX

KirstyFish said...

Hey *waves at MrsBs Mum - MrsA*!!!
- i think of a two memories:
1. mum painting our feet and making us walk along rolls of old wallpaper to make paint prints.
2. Summer picnic lunches in the Garden x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...