Thursday, 8 January 2009

We-e-e-e-e-llllllllll!!!

This is what the day held! I must admit to still being a wee bit crinkled about it!

First my toilet training son announced that he would not be wearing pants and furthermore, would not be informing me of any 'urges'. Then promptly peed on the carpet...sorry everyone!


Then darling daughter decided napping was in no way necessary or conducive to happiness!

There was the hugest pile of dirty dishes....


This little pile of spanners prevented me making the lemon biscotti that I am craving...


And then to top it all my sewing machine broke! Oh yes I hear your horrified, empathetic gasps, my fellow crafters! I have no clue what is wrong with it, but I weep a little as I type this! It was my husband's Grandma's. (sniff)


So in a fit of haberdasher's rage, I went cyber shopping to John Lewis and bought myself a new mini one! With money I was saving for a dressing table! Rash: yes! Necessary: abso- bloomin' lutely! There will be no dressing table if I don't make some money this year! (sniff encore!)


My blanket remains unfinished till it arrives and the biscotti will have to wait till my baby's batteries run out (hopefully before mine!).


However on a good note all this empassioned, crafty, blocked energy forced me to start reupholstering a chair I have been meaning to do since we moved in....


Done in my own unique fashion, with tools that are completely inappropriate to the job, but hey it works!



How did your day go, my friend? x

4 comments:

Devon said...

ah sorry your day turned sideways, yesterday i came home to find that the dogs had gotten into a bag of powdred sugar and it was everywhere.it took hours to clean the floors and bath the dogs and the floors are still sticky... ooooo lovely chair, i have a wing back chair that i got for marc that is in dire need of a new look, off to find some new fabric...

thriftymrs said...

Oh wow sounds like the 'forces' were against you yesterday. I hope it rights soon!
I have a mini sewing machine from John Lewis, bought it with my left over Christmas money, I've yet to use it, but it looks terrific.

Mrs B said...

oooooh did you manage to get the lovely red one!! I really wanted my sticky fingers on one, but had to settle for white with red 'bits' x

devon, I am feeling your icing sugar pain. we made santa footprints in the stuff and it is a complete nightmare to tidy up! dogs eh! as bad as toddlers!! x

KirstyFish said...

Talk to me about dogs my friends............. !
Loving you as ever MrsB. I am parceling something for you TONIGHT that has been waiting in a pile for EVER. I could not bear to put away my knitting wreath and it is hanging in the art room. AND i have been using my early morning cath coffe mug too. Oh blogging is the best thing to happen to 'us' x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...