Tuesday, 30 December 2008

A Journey of a Thousand Miles...

...begins with a single step.

Is it just me or does everyone sense the ending of the Old Year and the beginning of the New in a tangible, almost visceral way. I truly 'feel' it, as if there a tiny but visible, physical gap to jump over, a kissing gate to swing open and shut, so at a single moment you hang between the two, stepping forward but with a backward glance at what has gone. It is not with any sense of dread about something or anything in particular, no particular memory of the past year comes to mind, there is no nostalgia. Just a sense of the unit of time, a picture of the calender past and the calender to come. I really relish this time of year, a privilege for which I am consciously grateful. Bring it on.

I also start to feel a bit superstitious and fateful! Cue reading of horoscope and wondering if I should have my cards read! Maybe this is in the attempt to pre empt the unknown, a peep in the parcel of next year!

Libra 30th December 08

It's hard to understand where your inspiration comes from now, yet it is like a fresh wind blowing in this new season. Your muse may be leading you on to manifest something of great beauty. However, she (or he) is speaking in an alien tongue, making it a challenge for you to use the material. No matter how odd it seems, try to take the ideas that come to you and work them into what you create.

oooooooooooooh! I like this and whether you or I believe in it or not, this does make sense right now, it is just what I have been thinking and feeling. The phrase a 'fresh wind blowing', is uplifting!


Resolve (I can't decide which applies to me the most, I can even see connections with the more chemical, cooking definition!)

decide: bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father ...
conclude: reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
purpose: reach a decision; "he resolved never to drink again"
answer: understand the meaning of; "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
make clearly visible; "can this image be resolved?"
find the solution; "solve an equation"; "solve for x"
resoluteness: the trait of being resolute; "his resoluteness carried him through the battle"; "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
dissolve: cause to go into a solution; "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
resolution: a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote

I prefer the term resolve far more to the more traditional resolution. I am resolved, clear, purposeful about

making and selling this year
broadening my work horizons again
learning a new skill
being brave, for me, for my children, for my husband, for my family (confidence I found is like brain power use it or lose it!)
playing
staying in touch with friends and family
being balanced

Well as I said with bravery and bravado - Bring It On

Happy New Year x

2 comments:

Sarah McColl said...

Bring it on indeed! You are much too cute -- I think I'm in love. ;)

Mrs B said...

tee hee!! the feelings are mutual!! ha! how many lemon bars have been consumed? You have so started something, I am thinking lemony biscotti now!! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...